Acute Care Pharmacy Services - Hospital Pharmacy
- Overlake's Pharmacy provides pharmaceutical care for our hospitalized patients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Overlake pharmacists are specialists who facilitate, integrate and monitor medications as part of the care plan. Overlake pharmacists, supported by a team of technicians, provide a range of clinical services including:
- Drug kinetic evaluation
- Drug information
- Research (drug study support)
- Therapeutic interchange
- TPN prescriptive protocol
- Warfarin prescriptive protocol
- Antibiotic rounds
- Renal function/dosing adjustment
- Drug interaction intervention
- Adverse drug reaction intervention
The Pharmacy team is a fun, friendly group who work closely together to provide excellence every day. We are highly automated with OmnicellTM automated delivery systems with patient drug profiles managed through MeditechTM. We employ the latest in digital imaging technology to deliver physician orders through OmniLinkRx for pharmacist review. We have a state-of-the-art clean room meeting the latest USP 797 standards for production of all parenteral products. The pharmacy drug formulary is available here.
The department has a morale team who plan periodic staff events. Pharmacists have an annual education stipend that can be used for books, tuition or other educational materials. Technicians who achieve the Certified Pharmacy Technician classification receive additional financial incentives. Pharmacists and technicians receive additional departmental education to advance their job skills.
Internship and Externship Programs
We employ pharmacy interns and support pharmacy externship programs for students from the University of Washington and Washington State University. We also support pharmacy technician programs by accepting technician externs.
Clinical pharmacists are bachelor or doctorate prepared. All pharmacists are registered and licensed by the State of Washington.
Pharmacy technicians are trained by technical schools certified by the State of Washington. All technicians are licensed by the State of Washington.
The Pharmacy Department is staffed by pharmacists and technicians 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Most work typical eight-hour day and evening shifts with some mid-shift positions that straddle day and evening shifts. Night shift staff work 10-hour shifts, 7 days on and 7 days off. We employ a mix of part-time and full-time staff, usually 0.6 FTE and above.
Number of Employees & FTEs
The Inpatient Pharmacy consists of 53 employees, staffed by approximately 22 FTE pharmacists and 21 FTE technicians.