Applying to Volunteer at Overlake
Overlake is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to match qualified applicants with hospital needs. Volunteers provide service gratuitously without pay or benefits or promise of employment. Volunteers are hired at will and can be terminated at any time with or without cause. Court Ordered community service is not available at Overlake.
Requirements to volunteer:
- Be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be able to make a minimum 100-hour commitment, which equals a one four-hour shift per week for approximately six to seven months.
- Complete an online/electronic application.
- Complete an interview, background and reference checks, and a required medical screening before volunteering.
- Meet the qualification(s) of an assignment.
- Summer college students must be able to make a minimum commitment of eight full weeks of service filling four-hour shifts, three to four times per week.
- Overlake polo shirt (provided).
- Cream, tan, beige, light khaki or black long pants.
- Rubber-soled, enclosed toe/heel shoes (tennis shoes) with socks.
- Hospital-issued identification badge.
Not allowed while volunteering:
- Perfumed products (including lotion).
- Jewelry that presents safety issues for the volunteer and/or patient.
- Artificial nails or tips may not be worn if an individual is assigned to a clinical unit.
Exceptions to the uniform policy are made according to assignment.