Applying to Volunteer at Overlake
Overlake is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to match qualified applicants with hospital needs. Volunteers provide service gratuitously without pay or benefits or promise of employment. Volunteers are hired at will and can be terminated at any time with or without cause. Court Ordered community service is not available at Overlake.
Requirements to Volunteer:
- Make a minimum 100 hours or six-month commitment typically for one four-hour shift per week.
- Complete an application (electronic).
- Complete a background check and interview.
- Complete required medical screening.
- Attend New Hire Paperwork meeting and Orientation.
- Meet the qualification of an assignment.
- Declare ability to perform Essential Functions of an established Service Description.
- Adult Volunteers must be 18+ with a high school diploma or GED.
- Overlake polo shirt.
- Cream, tan, beige or light khaki colored long pants.
- White, rubber-soled, enclosed toe/heel shoes (tennis shoes) with socks.
- Hospital-issued identification badge.
Not allowed while volunteering:
- Perfumed products (including lotion) and personal cell phones.
- Jewelry that presents safety issue for the volunteer or patient.
- Tattoos will be covered with clothing.
- Artificial nails or tips may not be worn if an individual is assigned to a clinical unit.
Exceptions to the Uniform policy are made according to assignment.