**THIS CLASS IS FOR WOMEN ONLY**
Prenatal yoga brings sensitive focus and gentle attention to the mother-to-be through breathing, relaxation, strengthening and stabilizing; helping to instill a feeling of trust in one's own inner wisdom during this time of change. The program, conducted in a calm, peaceful environment will help strengthen the uterus and pelvic muscles, improve circulation, aid in digestion, exercise the spine, improve posture and breathing and increase overall comfort. The Viniyoga approach of combining intelligent use of breath awareness with movement, as well as function over form, makes this form adaptable for each individual . No prior yoga experience is necessary.
Benefits from using Viniyoga techniques may include:
- Increase in flexibility & strength
- Improved posture & breathing
- Reduced tension and stress
- Increase in circulation
- Calm mind and feeling more relaxed
- Decrease in back problems
Prenatal Yoga is safe to take through out your pregnancy, it is best for beginners (with no prior yoga experience) to start a series at 3 months and can continue until giving birth. If signing up for multiple series it is best to sign up quickly as classes do fill.
Phyllis Moses is a Certified Viniyoga instructor (RYT-500), and Yoga Therapist, with a focus in prenatal yoga. One of the senior teachers of American Viniyoga Institute, she began her study and practice of yoga over 34 years ago, and has taught group classes and individuals in her private practice for the last eighteen years. Phyllis found that doing yoga during pregnancy was extremely beneficial and is excited to contribute to the prenatal program at Overlake Hospital.
Things to bring to the class:
- Please bring a pillow or folded blanket and bring your own mat, although we do provide mats if wanted
- We encourage you to wear comfortable clothing
- Yoga is best done on an empty stomach - eat appropriately to keep your blood sugar balanced
Registration, class location and cancelations: