According to the American Cancer Society, two-thirds of cancer deaths can be attributed to poor nutrition, lack of physical activity, obesity and tobacco use.
America's Nutrition Leader, Zonya Foco, will teach and inspire attendees at our cancer prevention event to 'Fight Cancer With Your Fork.' Additional experts from The Cancer Center at Overlake and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) will share exercise, physical activity and stress management information all to help individuals reduce their risk of cancer.
Register to win a $100 PCC gift card
Preregistration is not required, however all attendees who preregister will automatically be entered into a special prize drawing for an Overlake gift basket, including a $100 PCC Natural Markets gift card! The prize drawing will be held at Saturday's event. Winner must be present to win.
Schedule of events
- 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Booths Open
- 10:00 – 10:15 a.m Welcome
- 10:15 – 11:15 a.m. Keynote address, Fight Cancer With Your Fork, by Zonya Foco
- 11:15 – 11:45 a.m. Making Time: A beginner's guide to meditation for reducing stress and improving health
- 11:45 – 12:15 p.m. Don't Make it a Marathon: Tips and techniques for making exercise easy
- 12:15 – 12:30 p.m. Closing Comments
- 12:30 - 1:00 p.m. Booths Open
Booths will include