For expectant parents and parents of newborns and young children.
Did you know that as many as 9 out of 10 car seats are misused? Protect your precious cargo!
This class will help you learn how to: (instructor brings car seats to the class for props)
- Select an appropriate seat for your child: Things to consider
- Types of seats ~ Car seat parts and pieces
- When to transition from ~ rear-facing to forward-facing to booster seat to vehicle seatbelt
- How car seats protect during an accident
- Buckling up baby with correct harness use
- Installation ~ location, angle and tightness; instructor uses car seats for demonstrations and tips.
Taught by an instructor trained by Washington Safety Restraint Coalition, carsafekids.org.
This is not a car seat "inspection" you do not bring car seats to this class.
Print this page for classroom maps and directions
Please read our inclement weather policy regarding class cancellations.