For expectant parents and parents of newborns and young children.
Did you know that as many as 9 out of 10 car seats are misused? Protect your precious cargo!
This class will help you learn how to: (instructor brings car seats to the class for props)
- Select an appropriate seat for your child: Things to consider
- Types of seats ~ Car seat parts and pieces
- When to transition from ~ rear-facing to forward-facing to booster seat to vehicle seatbelt
- How car seats protect during an accident
- Buckling up baby with correct harness use
- Installation ~ location, angle and tightness; instructor uses car seats for demonstrations and tips.
Taught by an instructor trained by Washington Safety Restraint Coalition Visit the Washington State Safety Restraint Coalition at http://www.800bucklup.org/ for important information on child passenger safety laws, how to choose a car seat for your child, how to make sure your child’s car seat is properly installed and how to make sure everyone riding in your vehicle is properly belted for optimum safety.
This is not a car seat "inspection" you do not bring car seats to this class.
Print this page for classroom maps and directions
Please read our inclement weather policy regarding class cancellations.