Print this page for classroom maps and directions
** Currently all of our Preparation for Childbirth classes are reserved for patients delivering at Overlake Hospital. All weeknight and weekend series.
1 night a week for 7 weeks, (14 hours)
Please select a series where the last day of the series is about 3-4 WEEKS before your due date, class content is geared towards couples in their 8th or 9th month. Register early ~ Classes fill quickly!
To be on a waitlist for full classes please email email@example.com We also offer: Understanding Birth: eClass, A Comprehensive Childbirth Preparation Course. A unique online learning experience that provides comprehensive information you can trust as you prepare for your upcoming birth.
In class, our expert instructors will help you learn more about:
- Labor and Birth process
- Breathing/Relaxation techniques
- Your body in late pregnancy
- What to expect during labor and birth
- How to increase your confidence as you approach your baby's birth
- Skills for comfort and progress throughout labor
- When to come to the Childbirth Center
- Caring for yourself and your new baby
- Childbirth Center Tour included
- Class reunion
- Textbook included
Please bring to each class; 2 pillows, and a blanket or mat to be on the floor for breathing exercises. You can also bring snacks/beverages if needed during the class or for breaks.
The same information is covered in both the Comprehensive & the Condensed series, the main difference is there is more time to practice relaxation/breathing techniques, and for question & answers in the Comprehensive series.
Congratulations on registering for class! There are two more important steps to complete before your delivery at Overlake.
1. Choose a Doctor for Your Baby: Before you go to the hospital, be sure to select a pediatrician or family practice doctor for your new baby. To find a pediatric or family practice physician, visit www.overlakehospital.org/findaphysician or call 425-688-5211. Be sure to bring the doctor's information with you to the hospital when you deliver.
2. Pre-register for admission: To simplify your arrival on the day of your delivery and to allow us to prepare for your stay at Overlake, please be sure to pre-register online at www.overlakehospital.org/prereg.
Please read our inclement weather policy regarding class cancellations.
There are no refunds for missed classes. Class cancellations received by the registrar seven days prior to the class are entitled to a full refund. Classes, schedules and fees are subject to change. Please call or email if you need to reschedule any of your classes. If you are suffering from cold or flu symptoms, it would be best to reschedule your class, please contact the registrar 425-688-5259 or e-mail the class registrar for details or if you would like to be on a waitlist for a full class.