**A CHILDBIRTH CENTER TOUR IS INCLUDED WITH THIS CLASS**
Recommended to be taken during the 7th or 8th month of pregnancy, this 10 hour 5-Week night class is taught by a certified educator. This class provides short breaks each night of class.
- Anatomy & physiology of pregnancy labor & birth (What happens in a woman’s body?)
- Signs & Stages of labor (How will I know it’s time to go to the hospital?)
- Comfort measures & natural pain management (What can I do to manage the pain?): breathing & relaxation; positions in labor; comfort methods to decrease pain sensations in labor
- Medical Interventions & Cesarean Birth
- Pain medication (What medications can help me with the pain?)
- Maternity Center Tour (Where do I go when it’s time to have the baby?)
If your desired class is not available, please contact us by calling
425-688-5259 or email@example.com
Things to bring to the class:
- Dress in comfortable clothing for breathing & relaxation exercises
- Two pillows
- Blanket or mat
- Bottled water
- Snacks or small meals to eat during breaks and lunch, (no microwave available)
Registration, class location and cancelations:
- Classes, schedules and fees are subject to change
- There are no refunds for missed classes
- No children permitted in class. No childcare available
- Class cancellations received by the registrar seven days prior to the class are entitled to a refund
- Inclement weather policy
Congratulations on registering for class! There are two more important steps to complete before your delivery at Overlake.
1. Choose a Doctor for Your Baby: Before you go to the hospital, be sure to select a pediatrician or family practice doctor for your new baby. To find a pediatric or family practice physician, visit www.overlakehospital.org/findaphysician or call 425-688-5211. Be sure to bring the doctor's information with you to the hospital when you deliver.
2. Pre-register for admission: To simplify your arrival on the day of your delivery and to allow us to prepare for your stay at Overlake, please be sure to pre-register online at www.overlakehospital.org/prereg.