- Year joined staff:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Valve Clinic
- University of Colorado School of Medicine
- University of California, Davis, Surgical Residency
- University of Utah, Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency
- University of California, Davis, Surgical Internship
Dr. Nelson is married and has one daughter. He enjoys hiking, swimming, skiing and traveling with his family.
Thoracic Surgery, 1996, 2006
General Surgery, 1994
Adult Cardiac Surgery including coronary revascularization, aortic and mitral valve surgery and off pump beating heart surgery. All aspects of Thoracic Surgery including lung cancer, mediastinal tumors, esophageal cancer and minimally invasive thoracic surgery.