Looking for an estimate of costs?
Looking for an estimate of costs?
At Overlake, our goal is to help you have the best experience possible as a patient in our hospital and clinics. Part of that great experience is understanding ahead of time what your anticipated out-of-pocket costs will be for the services you receive. While costs vary widely based on the provider you choose and your care path, Overlake is here to help you make an informed decision about the cost of the care you are planning to receive.
Some important facts to consider when making your decision:
The highest cost provider may not be the best quality provider. There is no correlation between cost and quality, outcomes or service.
Based on an independent analysis of publicly reported data, Overlake has been proven to be the highest value facility in the Puget Sound region. This means Overlake provides the highest quality for the lowest cost.
COST ESTIMATORS THROUGH YOUR INSURANCE
Because every insurance plan is different, the most accurate information about out-of-pocket costs will come from your insurance provider. For your
convenience, we have provided links to several insurance plans’ online cost
estimators. Each of these will require your personal login.
- Medicare or 1-800-MEDICARE
- United health4ME App / MyHealthcare Cost Estimator
COST ESTIMATES THROUGH OVERLAKE
Currently, you can receive cost estimates through Overlake for medical imaging services as well as outpatient surgery. The following form lists all the information you will need to provide.
Once your completed form is submitted, you will receive a phone call to discuss your estimate. It is important to note that you will need the procedure code(s), which your doctors’ offices should be able to provide.
Overlake's Commitment to Quality, Safety and Value
Overlake’s commitment to quality, safety and value is our top priority. It’s Overlake’s point of view that health care providers need to focus on five things.
We strive to provide easy access to facilities, services and information. To Overlake, access means a number of things. It means things like same-day appointments, getting treatment without delay in the emergency department, and it also means systems that simplify your experience.
By Overlake’s definition, this is a combination of quality and cost-effective care delivery. Overlake provides the highest quality care at a lower overall cost.
Overlake thinks about services needed by our Eastside community and tailors our care delivery model to meet the needs of our community. We strive to provide the most advanced treatment and technology available, coupled with a steadfast commitment to compassionate care.
A few “firsts”:
- Overlake became the first hospital on the Eastside to perform an alternative procedure to invasive heart surgery that does not require breaking the patient’s breast bone. The procedure, called minimally invasive cardiac surgery, is primarily used to treat isolated mitral valve disease or aortic valve disease, and is performed at Overlake by Dr. Robert Binford, a cardiothoracic surgeon.
- In a collaborative effort with Group Health, Overlake became the only hospital on the Eastside and one of only four hospitals in the state to provide transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), a minimally invasive procedure for patients with severe aortic stenosis.
- The Pulmonary Division at Overlake Medical Clinics took a significant step to improve its level of asthma care by being the first in King County to offer bronchial thermoplasty for patients suffering from persistent asthma. Bronchial Thermoplasty is a non-drug procedure that will help severe asthma patients achieve better control of their symptoms all year long.
- In early 2013, Overlake announced it was one of the first health care providers in the United States to offer Selenia Dimensions’ 3D digital mammography. 3D mammography, or digital tomosynthesis, is a mammographic imaging technology that involves taking a series of low dose x-rays of the compressed breast at different angles.
- To help address the needs of the significant number of patients with back pain who visit Overlake each year, Overlake became the first medical center on the Eastside to offer a new minimally invasive surgical option to treat lower back pain.
- In November 2014, Overlake became the first hospital in the Northwest to add the EndoWrist Robotic Stapler to assist surgeons doing colorectal procedures in the delicate and confined spaces of the pelvis. The stapler is a surgical device used to repair a variety of conditions affecting the colon.
Overlake is the only Eastside hospital to be consistently recognized by Healthgrades, The Leapfrog Group, The Joint Commission and other organizations with awards for top quality and safety. Overlake ensures patients understand the care process and their treatment plan across the continuum.
We start with a conscientious effort to make what might be a critical few moments easier, less stressful and even inviting. Health care is, after all, a humanitarian service and it needs to be delivered that way.
Disclaimer: THIS IS AN ESTIMATE. Please note that this is an estimate of the charges for exam(s) ordered by your physician. Additional charges will apply should the order change or if additional services are provided. This estimate may not include all charges for material, ancillary procedures (i.e. injections, isotopes, x rays, etc.), physician services or professional interpretation. You will be billed separately for these items where applicable. Your charges will depend on actual services ordered by your physician on your behalf and the duration of your stay. The "Estimated Total Patient Responsibility" amounts stated above are estimates only, and the actual amounts may vary significantly from this estimate. Additionally, the amount cited here may be different than the total patient responsibility depending upon final adjudication of the claim by your insurance carriers (please review your EOB carefully).