From brochures to books, videos to Internet, information on all types of cancers, treatments and ways to cope can be found at the Cancer Resource Center. You can talk with either a staff member or a volunteer, or just peruse through the vast array of materials on hand.
Other resources available:
The Wig Closet allows you to try wigs
- Oncology Social Workers/Patient Navigators (425-467-3809) help coordinate services and guides the patient, families and caregivers through the healthcare system.
- An Internet-connected computer with software and online educational materials.
- A library of health information including brochures, books and magazines.
- The Wig Bank provides free wigs to cancer patients who've experienced hair loss as a side effect of treatment. Trained volunteers and staff members will help you select and fit a wig. These services are offered in the Cancer Resource Center.
- The Wig Closet, a private area for women who are experiencing hair loss to try on wigs. All wigs are complimentary for women who have cancer-related hair loss. Drop in Monday through Friday, or call 425-688-5986 to make an appointment.
- Soft "chemo hats" hand knit by our dedicated Sit and Knit volunteers.
- Access to support groups that meet on the hospital campus and throughout the community.
- Smoking cessation materials.
- Grief and end-of-life information.
- American Cancer Society's Look Good Feel Better classes.
- Information on complementary and alternative therapies.
- Nutrition Services at Overlake.
- A booklet with information to help you cope with common treatment side effects