Cancer Care Team
Overlake provides easy access to expert cancer care for residents in and around the Eastside. Accredited by the American College of Surgeons since 1974, the Cancer Center at Overlake combines excellent clinical care along with a nurturing patient experience.
Compassionate care that focuses on "whole-person" health is fundamental to healing and central to our mission and care-giving practices.
At Overlake you receive comprehensive care from a team of cancer specialists. We treat you according to your individual and special needs. Your team may include:
- Physicians specializing in radiology, pathology, surgery, medical and radiation oncology.
- Nurses who have had special training and experience in cancer care.
- A pharmacist expert in cancer medications.
- A registered dietitian who understands the special needs of patients undergoing cancer treatments.
- Social workers/patient navigators who counsel and advocate for you and your family members and can help you make arrangements for care after you leave the hospital.
- An inpatient palliative care team that can help with pain and physical symptom management if you are hospitalized at any point during your cancer treatment.
- A chaplaincy team.
- Physical and occupational therapists who can help you with tips and techniques to conserve energy and to regain strength.
- Radiation therapy physicists, therapists and dosimetrists who participate in the planning, quality assurance and delivery of treatments.
The team works closely to provide a comprehensive plan of care for your entire stay. As cancer care specialists, the Lang Oncology Unit staff understands the emotional factors of a cancer diagnosis. They realize that caring for the patient means helping the family, too. The Lang Oncology Unit is devoted to providing knowledgeable and compassionate care for patients during diagnosis, treatment, survivorship or end-of-life experiences.
Whether you are looking for a primary care physician or one specializing in cancer, Overlake has many highly-skilled, caring physicians available to work with you. Your choice of physicians is a very important one, as he or she will be with you through potentially difficult decisions and situations. It is important to find someone that you are comfortable with. Use our online directory to Find a Physician.