A physician’s referral is required for the services we provide. Services are covered by most insurance carriers, including Medicare and Medicaid. To schedule an evaluation, please have your provider fax a referral to 425-688-5710 and we will call you once it is received, or call us at 425-688-5700, option 5.
Overlake’s Outpatient Ostomies and Stomal Therapy Ostomy nurses are nurses who are specially trained in ostomy management and education. The ostomy nurse works in collaboration with your provider to ensure you have the necessary knowledge, supplies, and follow-up needed to help manage your stoma.
Our services include:
- Pre-surgical marking and education
- Post-operative consult to minimize complications
- Evaluation & management of ongoing ostomy issues fitting with hernia/prolapsed stoma, peristomal wounds, irrigation, changes of fit related to weight changes, etc.
- Dietary and Fluid management assistance
- Psychosocial and recreational support
You may need our services if:
- You notice the following: The skin around the stoma is red, weepy,
- bleeding or has open areas.
- The skin around the stoma itches, burns, stings or has white spots.
- The stoma swells, changes color, or bleeds without stopping.
- You don’t achieve a consistent pouch seal and have frequent leaking.
- The stoma sticks out more than normal or sinks below the skin.
- A stoma that separates from the surrounding skin.
Every patient will receive:
- A comprehensive assessment
- An individualized management program
- Regular communication with the referring provider
- Ongoing patient education
- United Ostomy Association of America: 1-800-826-0826, www.uoaa.org
- Support line for Seattle Chapter of United Ostomy Association of America: 206-748-1410