Overlake Symposium: Arthritis and the Upper Extremity
November 1, 2014
7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This course provides family physicians, athletic trainers, and therapists with information on arthritis in the upper extremity and related surgical and conservative treatment options. The course will include a review of the anatomy, finger to shoulder joint pathology, tendon injury and repair, implications for reverse vs. total shoulder replacement, related rehabilitation and a surgical anatomy video.
Overlake Medical Center PACCAR Education Center
- 7-7:45 a.m. Registration/Continental Breakfast
- 7:45-8 a.m. Introduction: Thomas Trumble, MD / Garrett Knappe, PT, DPT
- 8-8:30 a.m. Nerve & Tendon Anatomy: Presentation/Video: Cameron Schick, MD, Bellevue Bone and Joint Clinic
- 8:30-9 a.m. Painful Finger Joints: Fuse, Fix, or Replace?: Greg Rafijah, MD, University of California, Irvine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 9-9:30 a.m. Ultrasound Guided Diagnosis and Injection: Seeing is knowing! (With Live Demonstration): Douglas Dedo, PAC, Bellevue Bone and Joint Clinic
- 9:30-10 a.m. Questions and Case Studies: Cameron Schick, MD, Bellevue Bone and Joint Clinic
- 10-10:30 a.m. Break and Vendors
- 10:30-11 a.m. "Not all thumb CMC joints are the same. Surgical management for challenging thumb Joint arthritis": Thomas Trumble, MD, Bellevue Bone and Joint Clinic
- 11-11:30 a.m. “Therapy challenges of the basilar joint" and "Splinting for phalangeal joint arthritis": Clyde Johnson, PT, CHT, Bellevue Bone and Joint Clinic
- 11:30 a.m.-noon Wrist Arthritis- SLAC/SNAC: Anthony Lauder, MD, Longview Orthopedic Associates
- Noon-1 p.m. Lunch / Vendors / Splint Demonstration
- 1-1:30 p.m. Rheumatoid Arthritis- Tendon Rupture: Todd M. Guyette, MD, Washington Hand Surgery
- 1:30-2 p.m. When the foundation fails: Therapy for advanced wrist arthritis and tendon rupture: Carol Recor, OTR/L,CHT, University of Washington Medical Center
- 2-2:30 p.m. Elbow Arthritis: Matthew Robon, MD, Proliance Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
- 2:30-3 p.m. Break & Vendors
- 3-3:30 p.m. Implications for Total vs. Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement: Michael Battaglia, MD, Bellevue Bone and Joint Clinic
- 3:30-4 p.m. Therapy: Shoulder and Elbow Arthritis: Robert Bradbury, PT, OCS, Bellevue Bone and Joint Clinic
- 4-4:30 p.m. Cases (Wrist-Elbow-Shoulder and Questions: Grant R. Lohse, MD, Proliance Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- 4:30-5 p.m. Discussion and Certificates
Total Education Hours = 6.5
Registration fee is $175 and includes a box lunch, breaks and conference materials. Watch your mail for more conference and registration information.
For more information, please contact Garrett Knappe, PT, DPT at 425-688-5908 or email Garrett.Knappe@overlakehospital.org.