A tribute gift ia a meaningful way to show you care about a special person in your life, a special occasion, or simply express thanks.
- The birth of a child
- Recent hospital stay or get well soon message
- Special life event
When a gift is made in honor or in celebration of someone, a card is mailed to the individual or family being honored or to whomever you indicate should be notified of the gift (note: the gift amount will never be disclosed). Or you can choose to have an ecard sent through email.
You may also designate your gift to support a specific program or to the hospital’s greatest needs.
Giving in Memory
Memorial gifts are a meaningful way to honor a special person in your life and show your appreciation for Overlake’s outstanding care. Overlake Medical Center Foundation gratefully accepts donations made in memory of a loved one who has passed.
Your gift will help ensure future patients receive the same level of exceptional, compassionate care you and your loved one experienced. You may designate your gift to support a specific program or to the hospital’s greatest needs.
How to make a memorial or tribute gift
You may make your contribution in a number of ways:
- Donate online and choose “in memory” or "in honor" from the drop-down menu. Be sure to enter the name of your loved one, as well as the person to whom we should send an acknowledgement letter.
- Download and complete our memorial donation form and mail your check or credit card gift to:
Overlake Medical Center Foundation
1035 116th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
- You may create a named endowment that will impact patient care throughout the years to come. The minimum amount to establish an endowment is $100,000. For more information, contact us at 425-688-5452 or by e-mail.
Gifts in lieu of flowers
Many people choose to ask people to make a gift in lieu of flowers. To request donation materials for the memorial service, please contact us at 425-688-5061 or by email.
Sample wording to advise friends and family for use in an obituary:
"In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to Overlake Medical Center Foundation, 1035 116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004 or online www.overlakehospital.org/support."
Tree of Hope
Tree of Hope celebrates, honors and remembers loved ones who have faced the challenges of cancer, or someone living with cancer by making a donation in their honor.
Recognition of gifts
We acknowledge your generosity in a number of ways:
- Acknowledgements of memorial gifts will be sent to the family of the person being remembered. We do not disclose the amount of individual gifts.
- Naming opportunities are available for our most generous donors.
- The Foundation will send donors a thank you letter and tax receipt.
Learn more about making a planned gift.