Chaplain (Per Diem)
Compassionate Care for Every Life We Touch
Responsible for the coordination and execution of pastoral care services for Overlake Medical Center patients, families and staff. Includes assessment of spiritual needs and applied interventions, supervision of volunteers, liaison with community religious communities and support of the Grief and Bereavement program.
- Provide pastoral care, counseling and emotional support to patients, families and staff members as requested. Document summary of intervention in EMR.
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, conduct spiritual assessments of patients/families/caregivers, apply appropriate intervention and /or follow-up, including but not limited to the provision of direct spiritual counsel, prayer and sacraments rendered in a timely manner
- Act as a spiritual care resource by providing consultation, education and support to the interdisciplinary team regarding spiritual care and needs as requested
- Attend patient care conferences and interdisciplinary team meetings as a member of interdisciplinary team as needed or requested. Participate in the development of interdisciplinary Plan of Care ensuring that identified spiritual needs are included.
- Facilitate patient visits with their home clergy and assist patient/families in making contact. Serve as a liaison with community clergy to create a climate of mutual cooperation.
- Provide or arrange for religious services or rituals that need to be performed for hospitalized patients (i.e. baptisms, communion, memorial services, weddings, etc.), as appropriate.
Per Diem - Variable Shifts
Day Shift, includes some holidays and weekends.
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Bachelors of Divinity or Theology and Ministry or its equivalent from an accredited college, university or seminary is required.
Master’s Degree and completion of a minimum of 1 unit of CPE preferred.
Ordination in or endorsement by recognized denomination is preferred.
One year of employed and/or volunteer ministry experience in a health care setting required.
Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Windows based applications.
Possible exposure to body fluids, contaminants and chemicals.
Ability to access patient care areas. Hearing and vision corrected to within normal limits.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.