Epic Trainer (Temporary)
Compassionate Care for Every Life We Touch
The Epic Trainer I is an entry-level position for an engaging and effective instructor who can strategically apply adult learning methodologies and latest instructional technology tools to design, develop, deliver, and support Epic education for a collection of roles in a healthcare setting.
Accountability for all aspects of training, including curriculum development for both classroom learning and virtual learning, training environment build, curriculum availability for trainees, instruction, attendance documentation, trainee proficiency assessments, class closure activities, quick reference guide development, as well as rounding and providing end-user support.
Collaborates effectively and productively with key stakeholders – Epic applications teams, Information Services team, operational management, end-users, vendor staff, third party implementation partners, etc. The Epic Trainer I must demonstrate proficiency in use of Epic modules and key workflows. The Epic Trainer I is also required to have or quickly earn credentialing in Epic modules for which instruction will be provided.
Full Time / Day Shift Schedule
- Associate’s degree required. Equivalent related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must obtain Epic certification in primary application within 6 weeks of last on-site Epic class and maintain ongoing certification through annual new version training.
- 2 years experience in the development, design, facilitation, and implementation of professional training programs for adults preferred. 2 years of experience in a healthcare setting and knowledge of either clinical or business operations may be considered in lieu of training experience.
- Proven skills as an instructor/presenter and group facilitator with a track record of training team leadership accomplishments; team player and leader skilled in group facilitation required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with diverse personalities and adapt to challenging classroom situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both verbally and written with the ability to write in a concise, logical manner so that students can absorb and retain manifested by a collection of instructional materials authored and outstanding training evaluations. Must be able to communicate with individuals and groups representing all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems or difficulties while retaining strong and effective working relationships, staying calm and objective under the stress of deadlines and obstacles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint plus mastery of an authoring tool, preferably Captivate, with artifacts of high quality sample work.
- Strong experience with leading instructional materials development for training teams.
- Fast learner with a passion for learning, teaching, and mastering complex system functionality demonstrable by certifications, preferably Epic.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Professional