Compassionate Care for Every Life We Touch
Responsible for insurance verification, referral management, authorization management, and pre-certification on all patient accounts. The financial counselor acts as a liaison between Overlake Hospital scheduling departments, Care Management, Business Office, patients, physician’s offices and insurance carriers. Provides exemplary customer service in coordinating all aspects of patient accounts. Collects appropriate monies, notifies patients/physicians office staff of hospital billing policies and services.
- Competitive compensation package
- Professional development
- Up to $10,000 per year in tuition reimbursement
- Free parking
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA)
- Generous PTO
- Extended illness banked hours
- Medical, dental, vision plans with premiums as low as $0
- 403(b) matching starting at 5% and increasing to 7% after 5 years (Immediate vesting in matching funds)
- Life and long term disability coverage
- Flex spending
- Employee Assistance program
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors Degree preferred. Formal training in medical terminology, hospital finance and customer relations a plus.
- Prefer six months previous experience in insurance verification, billing, medical office or hospital financial services department. Also prefer previous admitting/registration experience or previous physician office, hospital or other frontline customer contact experience in a business setting. Demonstrated customer service skills required.
- Outstanding professionalism, poise and tact in appearance. Exceptional interpersonal skills to educate and advise patients of insurance and hospital policies and regulations and the professionalism to positively interact with other Overlake personnel and the medical community are required. Knowledge of the financial requirements of insurances, HMO and PPO organizations and state and federal programs. Must be articulate and skilled in teaching patients how to access the healthcare system. Ability to type 50 WPM and use 10 keys accurately. Knowledge of medical terminology and hospital processes are required. Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must have the ability to follow through on all details of patient accounts, where the performance and concentration of several tasks may be required simultaneously.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.