Medical Assistant (Per Diem) - Overlake Primary Care, Newcastle
Compassionate Care for Every Life We Touch
Medical Assistant (Per-Diem) - Overlake Primary Care
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics has an exciting per diem opportunity for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our Newcastle clinic. This role is essential to fill in for staff vacation, sick days and vacant positions. Shift options will range from 6:30am-5:00pm, Monday – Friday, supporting our Primary Care locations. Additional opportunities available to pick up shifts at other primary care and urgent care clinics if interested!
Job responsibilities include greeting and preparing patients for the healthcare practitioner, obtaining vital signs, preparing patients for routine and specialty procedures, collecting specimens, and documenting patient interactions via electronic medical record.
- Free parking & Free ORCA
- Professional development opportunities
- Retirement Contributions
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of a certified medical assistant program or previous military training/experience that satisfies Washington state standards required.
- Medical Assistant Certification (MA-C) or Interim MA-C through WA State DOH required (the latter must obtain regular MA-C within 6-months of hire).
- Current healthcare provider CPR certification required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Experience with EMR applications, Epic preferred.
Overlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.
Job Category: Clinical Support