Paraeducator - Overlake Specialty School - Sign On Bonus
Compassionate Care for Every Life We Touch
Paraeducator Position - $2000 Hiring Bonus
The Overlake Specialty School is a year-round school serving the special needs of students in elementary through high school. Each student comes to the Specialty School with different life experiences, dispositions and learning histories. We provide a therapeutic environment where students learn functional, social, academic and behavioral skills by direct instruction and hands-on experience through healthy relationships with adults and peers.
This role is Monday - Friday from 7:00am to 3:30pm, providing assistance to special needs students in a classroom setting. You will be essential in assisting in the development & delivery of the IEP while working closely with the classroom teacher to supervise classroom activities.
What makes us unique?
- $10,000 per year on future tuition reimbursement
- $2000 hiring bonus
- Free transportation/parking
- $0 medical coverage and so much more
- Paid Retirement
- Generous Time Off
- Must be a high school graduate and also meet the Washington State paraprofessional guidelines (2 years of college credit).
- Bachelors in Education or Mental Health field preferred.
- Previous experience working with behaviorally disturbed, mentally ill, and/or children with learning disabilities preferred. Previous experience in either intensive psychiatric treatment facilities or school systems is helpful.
- Position requires Right Response certification within first 6 months of employment
- Positions requires non-healthcare CPR and First Aid certifications within the first year of employment.
- Current WA State driver's license preferred
Overlake has been recognized as Workplace of the Year by Seattle Magazine & named one of the Top Places to Work in the Greater Seattle area. Overlake is proud to be a Equal Opportunity Employer.
Overlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Professional