Patient Care Technician/CNA - Critical Care Unit (Per Diem / Variable)
Compassionate Care for Every Life We Touch
Overlake Medical Center is currently seeking a Patient Care Technician/CNA for Critical Care Department. Our Critical Care Department is a 31 bed unit with a variety of specialties including open heart/thoracic surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, cardiology, pulmonary and general medical surgical. We encourage teamwork, patient advocacy and self care. We are passionate regarding the care we provide. We happened to be recipients of AACN's Silver Beacon Award of Excellence and are continually striving for gold. If you want to work with a dynamic team and open to innovative ways to care for patients please apply.
This is a PER DIEM 12-Hour, position. Per Diem requires five 12 hour shifts in a 4 week period with two weekend shifts.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program or equivalent documented nursing training experience
- Nursing Assistant Certification (NA-C) required
- Medical Assistant Registration (MA-R) required post hire (Overlake Hospital will sponsor this licensure)
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Certification (BLS) required
- One year recent experience in a health care setting involving patient contact preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computer familiarity is preferred
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills
We offer employment opportunities with excellent benefits. We give our professionals the support and freedom they need to achieve an enviable work-life balance. We promote a patient centered team based approach to our care delivery ensuring that all staff members are working to their full potential.
- Competitive compensation package
- 3-part retirement plan with matching
- FREE PARKING
- FREE ORCA Pass
- Discounted tickets and memberships to area attractions and activities
- And much more
Just a few of our employee perks:
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Applications now being accepted for those individuals committed to providing EXCELLENCE to our GROWING Eastside Community.
Overlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.