Project Manager - Eastside Health Network
Compassionate Care for Every Life We Touch
The Project Manager applies project management, leadership, facilitative, and organizational skills to support the successful implementation of projects of strategic importance to Eastside Health Network. Accountable for project planning activities to include implementation plan and task development, assignment of and follow up on action items, communication plans, and leading cross-functional project teams. Successfully balance project scope, timelines, dependencies, requirements, budgets, and overall implementation needs. Partners with physicians, administrative/clinical leadership, and operational staff for successful completion. Monitors and reports on progress toward implementation and achievement of goals. Project portfolio for management may include reimbursement and payor related work and program development.
- Competitive compensation package
- Professional development
- Up to $10,000 per year in tuition reimbursement
- Free parking
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA)
- Generous PTO
- Extended illness banked hours
- Medical, dental, vision plans with premiums as low as $0
- 403(b) matching starting at 5% and increasing to 7% after 5 years (Immediate vesting in matching funds)
- Life and long term disability coverage
- Flex spending
- Employee Assistance program
- Master’s degree is required. Equivalent related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Certification in project management such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of previous project management, consulting, healthcare planning, and/or business analysis experience is required. Experience in healthcare is required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills and abilities in project scoping and scheduling.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems or difficulties while retaining strong and effective working relationships staying calm and objective under the stress of deadlines and obstacles.
- Must be able to communicate with individuals and groups representing all levels of the organization.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Professional