Recreation Therapy Assistant (Temporary)
Compassionate Care for Every Life We Touch
The Recreation Therapy Assistant is a member of the Specialty School team. The Recreation Therapy Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS), to provide assistance to special needs students to support meeting Individual Education Plan (IEP) objectives. The Recreation Therapy Assistant provides direct care and is responsible for communicating with other team members regarding student’s behavior and response to the IEP plan and interventions.
Full Time / Day Shift
Temporary Assignment (July 2021 - January 2022)
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Must meet paraprofessional guidelines for Washington State (2 years worth of college credit). Bachelors in recreation therapy, education or mental health field preferred.
- Current Washington State Driver's License preferred. First Aid non-healthcare and CPR cards within first year of employment (training provided by Overlake 1 x year. Employee responsible for training and cost if absent on day of offering). “Right Response” certificate required within first 6 months of employment (Training provided by Specialty School).
- Minimum of one year of participation in recreation therapy programming preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience working with behaviorally disturbed and/or mentally ill adolescents preferred.
- Experience with both intensive psychiatric treatment facilities and school systems highly desired.
- Experience working in a team situation and collaborating on individual education plan development preferred.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.
Job Category: Clinical Professional