Security Officer (Part Time / Weekend Days)
Compassionate Care for Every Life We Touch
This position helps maintain a safe and secure environment for Overlake Hospital Medical Center staff, patients and visitors. Officers must quickly and independently assess rapidly evolving events and determine appropriate interventions. They must effectively coordinate efforts with others, both within and outside the security department, to assure acceptable outcomes. Officers must adapt to rapidly changing and sometimes conflicting priorities while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Part Time / Weekend Days
Two 12-hour shifts per week
- Competitive compensation package
- Professional development
- Up to $10,000 per year in tuition reimbursement
- Free parking
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA)
- Generous PTO
- Extended illness banked hours
- Medical, dental, vision plans with premiums as low as $0
- 403(b) matching starting at 5% and increasing to 7% after 5 years (Immediate vesting in matching funds)
- Life and long term disability coverage
- Flex spending
- Employee Assistance program
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license required, no criminal violations
- Healthcare provider BLS certification required.
- Certification as a Basic Healthcare Security Officer required through the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) required within one year of employment.
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) course and certification also required within six months of employment.
- One year in a customer service role preferred
- One year healthcare security preferred
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.
Job Category: Services & Trades