Compassionate Care for Every Life We Touch
Overlake Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our team! The Senior Accountant’s primary responsibility is to support the Controller and Assistant Controller in the timely and accurate closing of monthly accounting records, including preparing and reviewing entries and reconciliations, performing financial statement review and analysis and promoting process improvement initiatives. Use advanced computer techniques to retrieve and analyze data and present results to management.
- Assist with month and year-end closing of the accounting records including preparation of assigned journal entries and audit schedules. Analyze the contractual allowance, bad debt, and charity reserves, other write offs and third party payables. Periodically confirm whether reserves for payor audits are necessary with Compliance Manager and Director of Payor Contracting. Reconcile and analyze assigned general ledger accounts.
- Assist with monthly financial statement review, including preparation and review of support schedules and variance analysis files. Review assigned journal entries, reconciliations, audit schedules and other work product prepared by junior and staff accountants.
- Prepare and file the Medicare Cost Report including wage index information and occupational mix surveys. Coordinate gathering of information from other departments as needed. Incorporate any new CMS regulations or changes into the report. Identify opportunities to increase average hourly wage reported on wage index and incorporate as feasible. Coordinate the review of the Cost Report with external consultant.
- Coordinate the Medicare Cost Report audit with Medicare contractor. Review adjustments from auditors and ensure they are incorporated into the report correctly. Coordinate re-opening request and appeals.
- Coordinate the Medicare Wage Index audit. Submit changes to Medicare contractor as needed. Review and validate initial, interim, and final public use files to ensure that wage index information and any changes have been incorporated and calculated correctly.
- Prepare and submit DSH application and DSH audit documentation.
- Develop pricing for new procedures in a timely manner exercising judgment as to appropriate methodology. Assign appropriate statistics to new procedures as needed. Become familiar with CPT codes, RBRVS, and other relevant systems.
- Maintain the accounting system general ledger dictionaries. This includes adding or inactivating departments, revenue, deductions, expense, and statistic codes for the Hospital.
- Lead the A/R monthly meeting between Accounting, Finance, Payor Contracting and Patient Financial Services. Perform analysis of revenue, contractual allowances and other write-offs. Highlight potential negative trends and issues and facilitate development of action plans to mitigate them. Discuss current industry trends and their potential impact on contractual allowances.
- Lead process improvement projects within the assigned functional areas. Review current processes with appropriate members of the department and staff outside of department as needed. Coordinate the development of revised processes. Test revised process and train staff as needed.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree preferred. CPA preferred.
- Five years accounting experience required. Hospital revenue experience required. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Good written and verbal communication, and the ability to function both independently and as a team player. Detail oriented focus with solid problem solving ability and strong organizational skills required to handle multiple projects. Strong computer skills required. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.