Promoting health, independence, and access to resources for our community’s seniors.
Online Senior Resources
Overlake offers a variety of resources for seniors including housing options, home care, medication information and management, fall prevention and support groups. Our goal is to promote health, independence and informed participation in healthcare decisions for seniors.
The following printable resources are updated regularly.
- Advance Directives Packet: Includes a durable power of attorney for healthcare form and a healthcare directive form.
- Aquatic Exercise Programs
- Don't Let Falls Get You Down: Preventing falls is an important part of patient safety and you can play an important role. You can prevent many falls by being aware of the reasons you may fall.
- Emergency Alert Services
- Foot Care Programs
- Medication Safety Brochure: Understanding the risks and benefits of medication.
- Medication Tracker: A form to keep track of all your medications.
- Download the Medication Tracker (.doc) to keep an electronic account of your medications.
- Minor Home Repair: Low-cost home repairs for eligible homeowners of all ages
- Personal Health Record: A booklet to keep track of your health and medication history.
- Read instructions for how to assemble your own personal health record.
- Download the personal health record (.doc) to keep a digital account of your medical history.
- View a list of electronic personal health records currently available.
- Safe at Home: A checklist that can help you avoid dangerous situations and debilitating injuries in your own home.
- Senior Exercise Locations
- Talking With Your Doctor: A helpful guide on the importance of how to communicate with your physician, provided by the National Institute on Aging
- Volunteer Transportation: Free transportation for those in King County over the age of 60 who cannot use other transportation options and require minimal assistance.
- Alzheimer's Association: Help and information for families and caregivers.
- Assisted Living Directory: Lists numerous facilities, organized by state, and then by city.
- Health in Aging: American Geriatrics Foundation's online guide for family caregivers.
- Medicare: Find out what Medicare covers. You may also compare area nursing homes and home health agencies.
- National Institute on Aging: A federal agency dedicated to aging research. The site includes resources dedicated to healthy aging.
- Overlake's Online Health Library: Additional information and resources.
- Sound Generations (formerly Senior Services): Provides older adults and adults with disabilities in King County with vital resources to help them thrive.
- Support Groups
- Washington Law Help: Information on elder legal issues and forms on guardianships, medicaid and durable powers of attorney.