October 27, 2016
Healthgrades Recognizes Overlake as Only Hospital in WA to Achieve Joint Replacement, Bariatric Surgery + Stroke Care Excellence
Bellevue, Wash. (Oct. 27, 2016) – Overlake Medical Center was named among the top 10% of hospitals in the nation – and the only one in the state of Washington – for joint replacement, bariatric surgery and stroke care excellence, according to this year’s evaluation from Healthgrades.
Healthgrades is the leading online resource helping consumers make informed decisions to find the right doctor and the right hospital for the right care. Every year, Healthgrades evaluates nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 34 of the most common inpatient procedures.
“We’re very proud to receive these distinctions. We have multiple ongoing strategic initiatives around providing excellence and the highest quality in our patient care,” said Overlake Chief Medical Officer David Knoepfler, MD. “We have received awards from many distinguished organizations and been recognized as a center of excellence in several service areas.
“Congratulations to our employees and medical staff – these awards recognize their tenacity and the work they do every day.”
These achievements are featured in the Healthgrades 2017 Report to the Nation, which demonstrates how clinical performance continues to differ dramatically regionally and nationally. The complete report and methodology can be found at healthgrades.com/quality.
A five-star rating indicates that a hospital’s clinical outcomes are statistically significantly better than expected when treating the condition or performing the procedure being evaluated. Overlake received the following recognitions:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ for two consecutive years
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement for two consecutive years
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for two consecutive years
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for six consecutive years
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award™ for two consecutive years
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke for two consecutive years
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke for two consecutive years
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia in 2017
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed for three consecutive years
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award™ in 2017
- Five-Star Recipient for Overall Bariatric Surgery for three consecutive years