Joint Replacement Center at Overlake
More than 20 million Americans suffer from osteoarthritis. Many find everyday activities such as walking, driving, exercising—even lying down or sleeping—extremely painful and at times impossible. For some, relief can come from non-surgical measures, but for those whose pain and loss of function become severe and not relieved by such treatments, joint replacement is often recommended.
Most patients who undergo joint replacement surgery experience significantly reduced pain levels.
Is Joint Replacement Right For You?
If you frequently experience any of the following, it might be time to ask your doctor about joint replacement:
- Pain in your hip or knee that keeps you awake at night.
- Little or no help from pain medications or pain that continues to worsen.
- Difficulty walking or climbing stairs.
- Trouble standing from a seated position.
- Having to limit or quit activities you enjoy because you’re in too much pain.
The Joint Replacement Center at Overlake offers a comprehensive orthopedic program with the region’s most qualified surgeons heading up a talented team of anesthesiologists, nurses, and physical and occupational therapists who perform all available joint replacement options, including computer assisted surgery and minimally or less invasive surgery.
As an orthopedic unit in the hospital, the Joint Replacement Center enables patients to work closely with our team in an environment that views our joint replacement patients as healthy patients.
With a joint education class, a detailed handbook and access to the joint replacement manager, patients are guided through the entire process with information and support.
The Joint Replacement Center at Overlake sets itself apart by offering:
- Nationally and internationally recognized surgeons who specialize in joint replacement surgery.
- Cutting edge technology and longer lasting replacement materials that produce optimal results.
- Advanced surgical techniques with less invasive and minimally invasive partial joint replacements.
- A consistent team approach that provides support and continuity of care in a positive environment for patients.
- Comprehensive education that enables patients to be active participants in their own recovery.
In previous years joint replacement was primarily for adults over age 65. Improved technology has made stronger and longer-lasting artificial joints feasible for active, younger people. Today, there are a variety of joint replacement options available, including less invasive total joint replacement and minimally invasive partial joint replacement. No matter what you enjoy doing, swimming, competitive cycling, gardening or playing with your children or grandchildren, the key to a good quality of life is moving without pain.
How can my life change with treatment?
- A return to mobility.
- Regaining a sense of your former lifestyle.
- Significantly reducing or eliminating pain.
The mission of the Joint Replacement Program at Overlake is Motion is Life. Our mission is to get you to a previous level of mobility so you can enjoy doing the things in your life that bring you joy. The key to a good quality of life is moving without pain.
Find a Joint Replacement physician or read patient stories and more about the Joint Replacement Center in our quarterly newsletter, Healthy Outlook.
For more information, please contact the Orthopedic Program Manager at 425-688-5579 or toll-free at 866-777-4142.
Aetna Institutes of Quality® recognizes Overlake Medical Center for consistently delivering evidence-based, quality care for Orthopedic IOQ - Total Joint Replacement.
Healthgrades Recognizes Overlake
Overlake Medical Center achieved the following recognition from Healthgrades:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ in 2016
- Among the Top 10% of hospitals evaluated for joint replacement in 2016
- A Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement in 2016
- A Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for Five Years in a Row (2012-2016)