Kristi M. Harrington, MD, PhD
- Breast Surgery
- Individualized, interdisciplinary breast cancer treatment
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy and reducing visible scars
- Surgical approaches to limit long-term side effects such as lymphedema, including sentinel node biopsy, targeted axillary dissection and axillary dissection
- Comprehensive management of patients at high risk for breast cancer, including coordination with genetic counseling
- Advancing the care of breast cancer patients through clinical trials participation
- Evaluation and management of benign breast conditions
Dr. Harrington’s practice focuses on highly individualized, interdisciplinary management of breast cancer to achieve the best possible outcome. Her goal is to see newly diagnosed patients within 48 hours to help reduce the anxiety that accompanies a cancer diagnosis.
Through education and discussion, Dr. Harrington compassionately guides patients through the treatment decision-making process while considering their personal goals and providing them with evidence-based medical data. Dr. Harrington also has a wealth of experience in managing many non-malignant breast conditions.
Dr. Harrington is motivated by helping her patients each step of the way. "I develop relationships with my patients that last decades. I’ve been with my patients for some of the hardest diagnoses of their lives, and to see them doing well years later? That’s what makes it worthwhile,” she says.
- Overlake Medical Center & Clinics - Medical Director, Cancer Services