To maintain our level of excellence, our laboratory subscribes to strict quality assurance programs. We are:
Aside from fostering self-development and continuing education, our staff is required to complete competency testing each year to remain proficient in their field.
Overlake's board-certified pathologists, certified medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians and laboratory assistants all contribute to a proud tradition of medical excellence.
Hours of Service
The Overlake Inpatient Laboratory is available 24/7/365 for Blood Draw and Testing services related to inpatient and ED care.
The Overlake Tower Draw Station is open 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 8 a.m. - 12 noon on Saturday. The Tower Draw Station is closed on Sundays and Holidays.
Ambulatory Blood Draw Services are located on the first floor of the Overlake Tower (Building 3).
The Overlake Core Laboratory is located in the New East Tower Basement (Building 1).
- Blood products are dispensed at the lab window via BWNW staff.
- Laboratory samples can be delivered via pneumatic tube system or hand-delivered into the lab specimen processing area by courier or hospital employees.
Turn Around Times
- Stat tests are available within 1 hour of receipt in the lab.
- Routine tests are completed within 4 hours of receipt in the lab.
- Culture reports are updated daily.
- Blood Gases
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Point of Care
- Validated body fluid analysis
- Post-vasectomy semen
- Legal blood-alcohol draw
- Reference Laboratory Services are provided by LabCorp, University of Washington, Washington State Department of Health and ARUP.
- Pathology Services are provided on site by Incyte Diagnostics.
- Blood Banking services are provided on site by BloodWorks Northwest.
- Ambulatory - Tower Draw Station
Outpatient Laboratory - Tower Draw Station: 425-688-5106