Laboratory & Pathology
Our full service lab makes it convenient for you to have your lab work completed without an appointment. With locations throughout the Eastside, laboratory specialists perform a variety of tests including routine blood draws, specimen collection and urine analysis. Please be sure to follow any pre-testing instructions, such as fasting, requested by your provider.
The Overlake laboratory offers comprehensive testing in the areas of chemistry, hematology, serology, microbiology and point of care. In addition to our onsite capabilities, we have established long-term associations with excellent secondary reference laboratories to provide esoteric testing in the areas of virology, toxicology, cytogenetics and molecular biology.
Overlake works with Incyte Diagnostics for anatomic pathology services. The board-certified pathologists have subspecialties in surgical pathology, cytopathology, fine needle aspiration biopsy and autopsy. Pathologists are available for consultation during regular business hours.
To maintain our level of excellence, our laboratory subscribes to strict quality assurance programs. We are:
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
- Licensed through the Washington State Department of Health.
- MA-PC licensed phlebotomists.
Aside from fostering self-development and continuing education, our staff is required to complete competency testing each year to remain proficient in their field.
Overlake's board-certified pathologists, certified medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians and laboratory assistants all contribute to a proud tradition of medical excellence.
Hours of Service
The Overlake Inpatient Laboratory is available 24/7/365 for Blood Draw and Testing services related to inpatient and ED care.
The Overlake Tower Draw Station is open 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 8 a.m. - 12 noon on Saturday. The Tower Draw Station is closed on Sundays and Holidays.
Ambulatory Blood Draw Services are located on the first floor of the Overlake Tower (Building 3).
The Overlake Core Laboratory is located in the New East Tower Basement (Building 1).
- Blood products are dispensed at the lab window via BWNW staff.
- Laboratory samples can be delivered via pneumatic tube system or hand-delivered into the lab specimen processing area by courier or hospital employees.
Turn Around Times
- Stat tests are available within 1 hour of receipt in the lab.
- Routine tests are completed within 4 hours of receipt in the lab.
- Culture reports are updated daily.
- Blood Gases
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Point of Care
- Validated body fluid analysis
- Post-vasectomy semen
- Legal blood-alcohol draw
- Reference Laboratory Services are provided by LabCorp, University of Washington, Washington State Department of Health and ARUP.
- Pathology Services are provided on site by Incyte Diagnostics.
- Blood Banking services are provided on site by BloodWorks Northwest.
- Ambulatory - Tower Draw Station
Outpatient Laboratory - Tower Draw Station: (425) 688-5106