Preparing for Your Visit
Along with the high-quality, expert care you’ve come to expect from Overlake, you can continue to expect a clean, safe environment and an experienced team ready to serve you. Your health and safety are always our top priority.
- Patients, visitors and employees are screened for COVID-19 symptoms; non-contact temperature checks are taken.
- All patients, visitors and staff are required to wear a mask. If you do not have one, we will provide you with a mask at the screening station. Please note, cloth face coverings, masks with valves, bandanas and neck gaiters do not meet our safety standards. If you are wearing this type of face covering, we will provide an approved mask for you to wear.
- Contact with our team members will be minimized during your visit.
- Appointments are staggered to minimize the number of people in an area, and chairs in public areas are spaced to allow for physical distancing.
- Patients who have symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19 are treated in separate areas of the hospital and designated clinics.
- Providers and staff are equipped with the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect you.
- We continue to regularly clean and disinfect all our facilities.
When you call to schedule an appointment, we’ll ask you questions about your health and any symptoms you may be experiencing. We’ll encourage electronic check-in and/or collect as much additional information over the phone to reduce the amount of paperwork when you come in for your visit. And, we’ll remind you to wear a mask to your appointment. If you don’t have a mask, we will give you one upon your arrival. All patients, visitors and employees are required to wear a mask in all Overlake locations.
Upon Your Arrival
All patients, visitors and employees are being screened for COVID-19 symptoms, including a temperature check, upon entrance to our hospital and clinics. Everyone will be required to wear a mask, regardless of whether they have COVID-19 symptoms, and we ask that you remove personal gloves and use the hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility.
All patient care areas are regularly and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Our hospital has designated areas for patients who are not seeking care for COVID-19, separate from COVID-19 inpatient units. Care for Overlake Clinics patients with respiratory symptoms is being provided in designated and dedicated clinic locations.
Our lobbies and common areas, including high-touch surfaces, such as door handles, elevator buttons, tables and chairs, are cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day for your safety. All reading material and brochures have been removed from our lobbies, and seating capacity has been limited to follow social distancing guidelines. You may also choose to wait in your vehicle after checking in, if you prefer.
Physical distancing, means keeping space between you and other people outside of your home, and it includes staying at least 6 feet from other people, not gathering in groups, staying out of crowded places and avoiding mass gatherings.
Seating in many public areas and waiting rooms will have additional spacing to allow for physical distancing.
Proactive COVID-19 Testing
For the safety of our patients and staff, all patients undergoing surgeries and procedures will be tested for COVID-19 within 48 hours of the surgery or procedure. If a patient tests positive for COVID-19 and if the procedure can be safely delayed, it will be postponed until the patient has fully recovered.
Your provider’s office will call you three to seven days prior to your surgery or procedure to schedule a testing time.
If you have any changes to your health or any of the following symptoms within 72 hours of your testing date, please call your surgeon or provider: fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, nausea, muscle or body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, or a new loss of taste or smell. An updated list of symptoms is available on the CDC website.
All test results will be available in your MyChart account within 48 hours after testing. Otherwise, you will receive your COVID-19 testing results on arrival to your procedure area.
If admission to the hospital is required, know that patients who are being treated for COVID-19 are located in a designated, dedicated unit away from other patients.
Please note: Overlake Medical Center & Clinics prohibits the carrying of any firearm or weapon on the hospital and clinics’ premises.