Is Joint Replacement Right For You?
If you frequently experience any of the following, it might be time to ask your doctor about joint replacement:
- Pain in your hip or knee that keeps you awake at night.
- Little or no help from pain medications or pain that continues to worsen.
- Difficulty walking or climbing stairs.
- Trouble standing from a seated position.
- Having to limit or quit activities you enjoy because you’re in too much pain.
Previously, joint replacement was primarily for adults over age 65. Improved technology has made stronger and longer-lasting artificial joints feasible for active, younger people. Today, there are a variety of joint replacement options available, including less invasive total joint replacement and minimally invasive partial joint replacement. No matter what you enjoy doing—swimming, competitive cycling, gardening or playing with your children or grandchildren—the key to a good quality of life is moving without pain.
How can my life change with treatment?
Total joint replacement brings a return to mobility through:
- Regaining a sense of your former lifestyle.
- Significantly reducing or eliminating pain.
About the Joint Replacement Center
The Joint Replacement Center at Overlake Medical Center offers a comprehensive orthopedic program with the region’s most qualified surgeons heading up a talented team of anesthesiologists, nurses, and physical and occupational therapists who perform all available joint replacement options, including computer assisted surgery and minimally or less invasive surgery.
The mission of the Joint Replacement Program at Overlake is "Motion is Life." Our goal is to get you to a previous level of mobility so you can get back to enjoying the things in your life that bring you joy. The key to a good quality of life is moving without pain.
Patients are guided through the entire process with information and support. As an orthopedic unit in the hospital, the Joint Replacement Center enables patients to work closely with our team in an environment that views our joint replacement patients as healthy patients.
- Nationally and internationally recognized surgeons who specialize in joint replacement surgery.
- Leading-edge technology and longer lasting replacement materials that produce optimal results.
- Advanced surgical techniques with less invasive and minimally invasive partial joint replacements.
- A consistent team approach that provides support and continuity of care in a positive environment for patients.
- Comprehensive education that enables patients to be active participants in their own recovery.