How to Obtain Services
If you are wondering if this is the best option for you or a loved one, below is a list for the some of the most often used reasons patients choose palliative and supportive care:
- Experiencing chronic, progressive or complex medical conditions.
- Suffering from pain or other symptoms due to a serious illness.
- Multiple visits to the emergency room or readmissions to the hospital for the same concerns.
- Patients and families who are experiencing psychosocial, spiritual or caregiver distress.
- Need help understanding what to expect over the course of their serious illness and support with decision making and treatment goals.
Tell your healthcare provider you would like to consult with the palliative care team at Overlake. After receiving a referral, an appointment will be arranged with you and your family and the palliative care team.
Palliative care services can be provided in multiple settings to best meet the needs of our patients. Overlake provides both inpatient consultation during hospitalization, and outpatient consultation through Overlake Clinics.
Palliative care is covered by most private insurances as well as Medicare and Medicaid.