Safe in Our Care
Chronic conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure don’t take a break during a pandemic. Accidents and injuries still happen. And, heart attacks and strokes still strike.
Overlake Medical Center & Clinics is here—as we have been for 60 years—to deliver the safe, high-quality, compassionate care you need.
GETTING CARE NOW → | PROACTIVE COVID-19 TESTING →
WILL I BE SAFE IF I NEED CARE?
Overlake is still the safe health system with the same compassionate care teams and high-quality services you have always relied upon.
Our providers have created a safe and secure environment where great care is taken to prevent the spread of any potential infection. We are highly trained in how to protect our patients, families and each other when caring for patients.
You are safe coming to Overlake Medical Center & Overlake Clinics for your care.
Keeping You Safe
PREPARING FOR YOUR VISIT
We’ve taken extra steps to provide you the healthcare services you need in a safe environment. In this new reality, you’ll notice some changes in how we provide care.
- Patients, visitors, and employees are screened for COVID-19 symptoms; temperature checks will be performed.
- All employees, providers, and patients are required to wear a face mask. If you do not have one, our team members will provide one to you.
- Contact with our team members will be minimized during your visit.
- Appointments are staggered to minimize the number of people in an area, and chairs in public areas are spaced to allow for social distancing.
- Patients who are not seeking care for COVID-19 are treated in separate areas.
- Providers and staff are equipped with the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect you.
- We continue to regularly clean and disinfect all our facilities.
Along with the high-quality, expert care you’ve come to expect from Overlake, you can continue to expect a clean, safe environment and an experienced team ready to serve you. Your health and safety are always our top priority.
When you call to schedule an appointment, we’ll ask you questions about your health and any symptoms you may be experiencing. We’ll encourage electronic check-in and/or collect as much additional information over the phone to reduce the amount of paperwork when you come in for your visit. And, we’ll remind you to wear a mask to your appointment. If you don’t have a mask, we will give you one upon your arrival. All patients, visitors and employees are required to wear a mask in all Overlake locations.
UPON YOUR ARRIVAL
All patients, visitors and employees are being screened for COVID-19 symptoms, including a temperature check, upon entrance to our hospital and clinics. Everyone will be required to wear a mask, regardless of whether they have COVID-19 symptoms, and we ask that you remove personal gloves and use the hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility. Cloth masks are acceptable, and we will provide a mask if you do not have your own.
All patient care areas are regularly and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Our hospital has designated areas for patients who are not seeking care for COVID-19, separate from COVID-19 inpatient units.
Our lobbies and common areas, including high-touch surfaces, such as door handles, elevator buttons, tables and chairs, are cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day for your safety. All reading material and brochures have been removed from our lobbies, and seating capacity has been limited to follow social distancing guidelines. You may also choose to wait in your vehicle after checking in, if you prefer.
Social distancing, also called physical distancing, means keeping space between you and other people outside of your home, and it includes staying at least 6 feet from other people, not gathering in groups, and staying out of crowded places and avoiding mass gatherings.
Seating in many public areas and waiting rooms will have additional spacing to allow for social distancing.
Protecting You and Our Staff
EVOLVING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Our medical team has received extensive training regarding proper COVID-19 precautions and are provided with personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks, face shields and gowns. We regularly monitor the latest guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and adjust our policies and procedures to protect our team and serve you. We have the experience and resources to protect the safety of physicians, staff and patients.
Join us in celebrating our #overlakeheroes.
GETTING CARE NOW
Physicians use their clinical discretion to assess necessity of time-sensitive procedures and tests. Here’s how you can access care with Overlake’s trusted network.
Proactive COVID-19 Testing
For the safety of our patients and staff, all patients undergoing surgeries and procedures will be tested for COVID-19. If a patient tests positive for COVID-19 and if the procedure can be safely delayed, it will be postponed until the patient has fully recovered.
Patients will be tested if they are having a procedure performed in the following locations:
- Inpatient Surgery and Outpatient Surgery
- Special Procedures Unit
- Cath Lab and Electrophysiology Lab
- Interventional and Neurointerventional Radiology
- Childbirth Center
Your provider’s office will call you in advance to schedule a testing time based on the day of your procedure and will provide additional information.
Surgeries and Procedures
- If your surgery, medical procedure or exam was delayed due to COVID-19, contact your provider to reschedule. Appointments are available now. Your surgery could be rescheduled sooner than you might expect.
- Procedural patients will be screened for symptoms via phone prior to surgery. Additionally, we are testing all patients undergoing procedures at Overlake for COVID-19.
- If admission to the hospital is required, know that patients who are being treated for COVID-19 are located in a designated, dedicated unit away from other patients.
Imaging appointments are being spaced throughout the day to limit patient overlap.
Please contact your provider to make an appointment for your medical needs. If you do not have an Overlake provider, our online Find a Doctor tool will help you find one. Customize your search on dozens of qualities to find the right fit.
Our emergency department is open, clean, safe and ready to serve patients who need care for illnesses or injuries unrelated to COVID-19. Do not delay seeking emergency care.
- Most Overlake Urgent Care locations are open and ready to serve you. Each offers a safe, clean environment.
Our Childbirth Center is open. It is safe to deliver your baby at Overlake Medical Center.
- Video medical appointments are a convenient and secure way to help you receive care when you need it. Speak to an Overlake provider using a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Many of our providers are offering video appointments for new and existing patients.