Ongoing Breastfeeding Support
Breastfeeding is a healthy, affordable and natural way to feed your baby. But natural doesn’t always mean easy, so our team of lactation specialists are here to help you and your baby work together as a healthy, happy team.
Overlake supports each woman's decision to breastfeed. We help families by:
- Providing education about breastfeeding's many benefits.
- Helping you initiate and maintain the breastfeeding process.
- Educating about infant nutrition.
- Supporting and helping to manage breastfeeding in special situations like multiple and premature births.
The leading reasons moms give up breastfeeding are due to problems with latching and milk supply. We can help! Our lactation specialists have many ways to help you and your baby succeed as a breastfeeding team.
How We Support Your Breastfeeding
In addition to helping you with breastfeeding during your hospital stay, we offer ongoing breastfeeding support. This includes:
- Private consultations with our lactation specialists.
- Telephone counseling with our breastfeeding experts, by calling (425) 688-5516.
- A breastfeeding support group facilitated by a group leader from La Leche League, an organization that gives information and encouragement to mothers who want to breastfeed.
- Electric breast pump rental and instruction.
- Online breastfeeding tips to support you 24/7.
Our Lactation Consultants
Our international board-certified lactation consultants are available seven days a week while you are in the hospital and by phone or appointment at our Mom & Baby Care Center after you return home. We invite you to make as many lactation appointments with us as you need.
All mothers are welcome to use our lactation services. You do not have to deliver your baby at Overlake in order to meet with our lactation consultants.
Call (425) 688-5389 to:
- Make an appointment with a lactation consultant.
- Get information about what to expect at your appointment.
- Find out what retail breastfeeding supplies and pumps we have in our boutique or ask questions about other supplies.
Lactation consultants are available 16 hours a day, seven days a week to provide support and answer questions.
What to Expect at Lactation Appointments
During your appointment, your breastfeeding and milk supply will be assessed, as well as your baby’s growth. We provide one-on-one consultations so we can customize our suggestions to meet your personal breastfeeding goals.
At your lactation appointment, your consultant will:
- Check your baby’s weight.
- Observe a feeding.
- Troubleshoot any breastfeeding issues.
- Help you create a feeding plan.
- Offer additional breastfeeding education.
- Provide expert suggestions tailored to you and your baby.
Remember, we are here to help you and your baby become breastfeeding experts!