Nurse Residency Program
Overlake's RN residency program was designed for the new graduate nurse and is based on best practices and evidence-based education and training. After successful completion of the RN residency, nurses practice with the basic competencies and confidence of a staff RN.
Overlake Medical Center's RN residency is a 12-month program that includes:
- Instructor-led courses featuring current and emerging clinical guidelines and standards.
- 1:1 clinical precepting by an RN to provide personalized bedside training.
- Focused “group sessions” that provide a forum for exchange of ideas and experiences among peers.
You will be working a full time position during your RN residency. Upon completion of the program, your FTE and shift will be based upon the needs of the patients and the department.
- Active Washington State Registered Nurse license is required before starting orientation.
- Current healthcare provider CPR certification.
- Must be able to commit to working a minimum of 0.75 FTE nights or evenings (depending on the department's needs) upon completion on your RN residency.
- Must remain in your department for a minimum of one year upon completion of your precepted period of the RN residency.
- Due to the intensity of the program, no extended vacation time other than the normal scheduled holidays will be approved.
Areas for the RN residency are listed below. Please identify your area(s) of interest and why in your cover letter:
- Progressive Cardiac Care (South 4).
- Medical Telemetry (East 2).
- Orthopedics / Neurology - Spine (East 3).
- Post-General Surgical (South 5).
- Medical Oncology (West 4).
- Emergency Room.
- Labor & Delivery.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- Critical Care / ICU (South 3).
To apply you will need to submit:
- Completed Application: You may apply up to three nursing units that you are interested in.
- Cover Letter: Please indicate your favorite clinical rotation during nursing school.
- Resume: Submit your cover letter and resume through Overlake’s career site.
- Work style survey.