Nurse Residency Program
Overlake Medical Center will be extending the application period for the February 2022 RN residency for new graduate nurses for the following areas: Orthopedic Unit and Medical Telemetry/Oncology Unit. To be considered for these units, your application must be received by 4 p.m. on December 20, 2021.
About the Program
Overlake's RN residency program was designed for the new graduate nurse and is based on best practices and evidence-based education and training. After successful completion of the RN residency, nurses practice with the basic competencies and confidence of a staff RN.
Overlake Medical Center's RN residency is a 12-month program that includes:
- Instructor-led courses featuring current and emerging clinical guidelines and standards.
- 1:1 clinical precepting by an RN to provide personalized bedside training.
- Focused “group sessions” that provide a forum for exchange of ideas and experiences among peers.
You will be working a full time position during your RN residency. Upon completion of the program, your FTE and shift will be based upon the needs of the patients and the department.
- Active Washington State Registered Nurse license is required before starting orientation.
- Current healthcare provider CPR certification.
- Must be able to commit to working a minimum of 0.9 FTE nights (depending on the department's needs) upon completion of your residency.
- Must remain in your department for a minimum of one year upon completion of your precepted period of the RN residency.
- Due to the intensity of the program, no extended vacation time other than the normal scheduled holidays will be approved.
To apply you will need to submit:
- Completed application.* Note: When prompted, please select the option to "autofill with resume."
- Cover letter.*
- Work style survey (website will be provided on the application).
* Please combine your cover letter and resume into one document and upload to application, as you many only be able to attach one document.
Openings for the February 28, 2022 Cohort
Specialties accepting applications for the February 2022 RN residency are listed below. When the application period opens, please identify your top three area(s) of interest and the reason why in your cover letter.