Nurse Residency Program
Upcoming RN New Graduate Residency Program Dates
- February 26, 2024 (accepting applications from October 16 – November 5, 2023)
- July 29, 2024 (accepting applications from March 18 – April 7, 2024)
About the Program
Overlake's RN residency program was designed for the new graduate nurse and is based on best practices and evidence-based education and training. After successful completion of the RN residency, nurses practice with the basic competencies and confidence of a staff RN.
Overlake Medical Center's RN residency is a 12-month program that includes:
- Instructor-led courses featuring current and emerging clinical guidelines and standards.
- 1:1 clinical precepting by an RN to provide personalized bedside training.
- Focused “group sessions” that provide a forum for exchange of ideas and experiences among peers.
You will be working a full time position (.9 FTE) during your RN residency. Upon completion of the program, your FTE and shift will be based upon the needs of the patients and the department.
- Graduate of an accredited ADN, BSN, or MSN school of nursing prior the start of the program.
- Active Washington State Registered Nurse license is required before starting orientation.
- Current healthcare provider CPR certification.
- Must be able to commit to working a minimum of 0.9 FTE, nights (depending on the department's needs) upon completion of your residency.
- Must remain in your department for a minimum of one year upon completion of your precepted period of the RN residency.
- Due to the intensity of the program, no extended vacation time will be approved.
To apply you will need to submit:
- Completed application.* Note: When prompted, please select the option to "autofill with resume."
- Cover letter.*
* Please combine your cover letter and resume into one document and upload to application, as you many only be able to attach one document.
When the application period opens, please identify your top three area(s) of interest and the reason why in your cover letter and application. Units placing residents will each have their own posting.
To learn more, contact Amie Jordan Sessum, Sr. Recruiter at 425-688-5470 or firstname.lastname@example.org