Overlake’s outpatient occupational therapy helps you reach maximum functional independence in activities of daily living through instruction and training, muscle-re-education and training in the use of adaptive equipment. Our services include:
- Assess challenges with self-care tasks (grooming, dressing, bathing, assistive device recommendations).
- Re-training in instrumental activities of daily living (homemaking, money management, medication management and compensatory techniques).
- Home safety assessment if recommended for home modifications or equipment.
- Functional upper extremity function which includes range of motion, strength, coordination.
- Driving safety evaluations which is completed in the clinic, not on the road, and is self-pay only.
- LSVT BIG® for Parkinson’s and other neurological conditions, in coordination with physical therapy for enhanced function and mobility.