We specialize in the diagnosis, staging and treatment of benign and malignant chest disorders, with an emphasis on minimally invasive surgery whenever possible.
Since 1987, our experienced cardiac surgery team has collaborated to bring you the best combination of care: the latest technology provided with compassion and expertise. In conjunction with our award-winning cardiology program, our board certified, highly trained and skilled cardiothoracic surgeons work with dedicated cardiac anesthesiologists, intensivists, physician's assistants, nurses and technologists to deliver quality care. We specialize in the diagnosis, staging and treatment of benign and malignant chest disorders, with an emphasis on minimally invasive surgery whenever possible.
Conditions that require the service of a cardiac surgeon may include:
- Aortic aneurysm & dissection surgery.
- Atrial & ventricular septal defect repair.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (on & off pump).
- Enoscopic vein harvest.
- Maze procedure for Atrial Fibrillation.
- Minimally invasive Atrial Fibrillation Ablation.
- Mitral valve repair and mitral & aortic valve replacement (both open and minimally invasive).
- Video-assisted Thoracoscopy.
- Miscellaneous thoracic surgery (Lung and Esophageal).
- Ventricular aneurysm surgery.
- Cardiac tumor resection.
*Patients may be scheduled for surgery, or need it more urgently if a problem is discovered during a diagnostic procedure like cardiac catheterization.
- Development of a hybrid operating room.
- Percutaneous valve procedures.
- Robotic surgery.
- Sutureless valve technology.
In the News
The Cardiothoracic Surgery Clinic is located in the Medical Office Tower on the Overlake campus:
Cardiothoracic Surgery Clinic
1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA, 98004
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
David and Shelley Hovind Heart + Vascular Center
The David and Shelley Hovind Heart + Vascular Center is named in recognition of the couple’s $1 million leadership gift. The Overlake Medical Center Foundation + Auxiliaries raised an additional $1.1 million for the new facility at the 2013 Bandage Ball, the Foundation’s annual fundraising gala and auction. To date, the Overlake Medical Center Foundation and Auxiliaries has received more than $4 million in philanthropic donations for the new center.