Cardiovascular Imaging & Diagnostics
Overlake uses the world’s most advanced imaging to diagnose the full spectrum of heart conditions, from the common to the complex.
Our cardiovascular imaging and diagnostics program is overseen by Joel Wilson, MD, one of the nation’s few cardiologists with fellowship training in cardiac imaging. This means the images of your heart are evaluated and analyzed by a physician with the highest level of education and training available. This helps us pinpoint any issues with your heart and select the best possible treatment. You will only find this exceptional cardiac imaging expertise at Overlake and a select few heart and vascular centers in the country.
Advanced heart imaging at Overlake
When you’re having symptoms of a heart problem, you need answers fast. At Overlake, we get you in quickly for testing and return test results just as fast. With a speedy turnaround, we’re able to start you on the appropriate treatment plan as soon as possible.
We offer a wide range of heart imaging tests using state-of-the-art technology. Our diagnostic tests include:
- Cardiac MRI: A powerful magnet and radio waves capture images of the heart to diagnose all types of cardiovascular disease.
- Coronary calcium score test: A CT scan measures blockages in blood vessels to determine your risk of coronary artery disease and heart attack.
- Coronary CT angiogram (CCTA): This test uses an IV dye and a CT scan to diagnose coronary artery disease and blood flow blockages.
- Echocardiograms (Echos): Sound waves (ultrasound) create images for the evaluation of heart structure and function.
- Electrocardiograms (ECG/EKG): Electrodes measure the heart’s electrical activity.
- Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT): An injectable radioactive tracer and a CT scan show blood flow blockages and heart muscle damage from a heart attack.
Heart conditions we diagnose
We use the latest heart imaging technology to diagnose and treat heart conditions, as well as evaluate the effectiveness of procedures and therapies.
This diagnostic technology helps us provide the highest level of care for: