New Emergency Department entrance opening December 20
December 15, 2020
Bellevue, Wash. – Starting December 20, 2020, there will be a new entrance to Overlake Medical Center's Emergency Department.
Located off NE 10th St., the new, dedicated Emergency Department entrance allows for quick walk-in access, improved flow for patient drop-offs and direct entry to the underground parking garage.
The new Emergency Department entrance is part of Project FutureCare, Overlake Medical Center's $250 million, five-year campus renewal project.
The project will grow our campus and service offerings in several significant ways, including:
- A new, five-story inpatient tower featuring a new childbirth center, which comprises labor and delivery, emergency obstetrics, mother and baby unit, and a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Increased bed capacity in medical surgery, oncology, telemetry and orthopedics.
- Two new operating room (OR) suites—one with hybrid OR technology and one state-of-the-art cardiac suite.
- An expanded behavioral health unit.
- A new circle drive leading to the single, main hospital entrance with concourse entry points, enhanced wayfinding and intuitive patient flow.
- Improved ancillary and support services: laboratory, pharmacy, respiratory care.
- Larger, single-patient rooms with dedicated family zones.
- Enhanced patient and family experience.
- 6,500 square-foot interior "meditative" courtyard.