Overlake Medical Center announces $23M workforce investment
November 05, 2021
Bellevue, Wash. – Overlake Medical Center & Clinics today announced a major investment in its workforce, totaling over $23 million to support, recognize and reward employees for their contributions to serving our patients and community. This investment will impact approximately 3,300 employees throughout Overlake’s health system.
“Overlake is defined by the remarkable people who every day demonstrate our mission: Compassionate care for every life we touch,” says J. Michael Marsh, President & CEO of Overlake Medical Center. “I am inspired by our staff’s enduring dedication to patients and colleagues and the sacrifices they make, particularly over the last year and a half. We are pleased to offer this investment in our workforce to recognize all they’ve done—and continue to do—for our community.”
This investment will recognize Overlake team members in numerous ways, including:
- A series of retention bonuses to staff, up to $3,000 each
- Raising Overlake’s minimum wage to $20 an hour
- Providing wage increases for staff, averaging over 4%, with targeted increases in roles that are in particularly high demand
- Doubling Overlake’s employee tuition reimbursement
- Augmenting our nursing leadership team with key positions
- Increasing support staffing in selected clinical areas
- Significant shift bonuses for selected clinical areas
- Significant sign-on bonuses for specialized clinical care positions
- Enhanced employee referral bonus for which all staff are eligible
These investments will augment Overlake’s existing compensation and benefits program and organizational structure, to strengthen its recruitment and retention.
Overlake seeks exceptional team members with a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. Overlake is an organization that has a commitment to providing an inspiring culture and rewarding work environment, and is recruiting for a variety of clinical and administrative roles at its hospital and clinic network located throughout the Puget Sound’s Eastside communities.