At the Overlake Cancer Center, you have access to a variety of services to fully support your body, mind and spirit during your cancer care journey.
Your cancer care team has a wealth of information to help you understand your diagnosis, learn about the treatment types available and know what to expect in managing the disease.
Speak with your oncologist or oncology social worker/patient navigator to be connected with these services.
Patient Navigation & Oncology Social Work
Our oncology social workers understand that cancer affects all aspects of your life: your health, relationships, work and how you view yourself. They will help you navigate your cancer care, offer emotional support, and provide advocacy and resources based on your needs.
Our team helps you navigate your care by:
- Providing education about your diagnosis and treatment options.
- Teaching you about other support services such as genetic counseling and nutrition.
- Introducing you to your cancer care team members.
- Facilitating communication with your physicians.
- Connecting you with other healthcare professionals.
Our team supports you by:
- Counseling you and your loved ones.
- Teaching you how to cope with your emotions.
- Leading support groups and classes.
- Helping you plan and understand advanced care options.
- Giving referrals for additional counseling/supportive services.
- Providing a safe space where you feel heard, cared about and understood.
We advocate for you by:
- Helping you obtain and care for a wig or other medical devices.
- Guiding you in how to hire in-home help.
- Giving you referrals for home health.
- Identifying transportation access for your appointments.
- Finding access to temporary housing during your treatment.
- Helping you understand and apply for social security and disability benefits and insurance coverage.
Classes & Support Groups
Our partners at Cancer Lifeline offer support groups and a unique selection of classes that cover a variety of topics that change quarterly. Visit Cancer Lifeline to register for current classes and support groups or call (800) 255-5505.
Our dietitians help you eat well through all phases of your cancer care so you can stay strong and nourished. Skilled at separating facts from fads, our nutritionists translate the latest medical information on diet and nutrition into practical uses.
We provide nutritional strategies for managing and minimizing the following cancer treatment side effects, including loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, difficulty chewing or swallowing, and taste changes.
Nutrition counseling for cancer care provides:
- Expert nutrition information.
- An individualized meal plan.
- Individually tailored educational materials.
- Information on nutrition labeling.
- Eating and healthy lifestyle tips.
We offer physical, occupational and speech therapy within the Cancer Center. Our therapists treat and help you prevent any physical impairments related to cancer and associated treatment. Learn more about services offered.
Onsite massage therapy is provided at the Overlake Cancer Center and can help:
- Lessen anxiety.
- Reduce pain.
- Improve quality of sleep.
- Lift mood.
- Enhance wellbeing.
From diagnosis to treatment through survivorship, massage therapy is safe during any stage of cancer. Your massage therapist will ensure the massage is to your comfort level. Let your doctor know if you would like to include massage therapy in your care plan, as a referral is required. Your financial counselor will determine insurance coverage. Cash pay options are available.
Our goal is to help you address intimacy concerns and minimize the extent and duration of any post-treatment dysfunction. Call (425) 398-9355 for more information.
We believe you are a cancer survivor from the time you are diagnosed. Due to advances in cancer prevention and treatment, millions of people live beyond cancer. We recognize that once treatment ends, the fear of recurrence doesn’t, nor does the impact cancer has on your emotions, relationships and life. Your cancer care team is committed to helping you achieve wellness so you can live your fullest and best life.
Palliative care focuses on the relief of the pain, symptoms and stress of your serious illness. Our goal is to help you to live comfortably and to provide the best quality of life for you and your family. Palliative care can be provided at the same time as curative treatments.
Your palliative care team includes specially trained and board-certified physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, pharmacists and others team members who work in partnership with your attending and primary care physician to provide an extra layer of support for you and your family.
The Overlake palliative care team:
- Expertly treats your pain and other symptoms such as shortness of breath, nausea, constipation, fatigue, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping.
- Provides information, assistance, and emotional support to you and your family so that you can identify your goals and match your treatment to those goals.
- Coordinates care and treatment with your doctors, at any stage of your illness.
- Identifies support services to help you after you leave the hospital.
When you’ve received a terminal diagnosis, hospice can provide you with options to help you remain comfortable and live as fully as possible. Overlake partners with Evergreen Hospice to meet your individual care needs.